Thank youfor nominating me. This is my first award for my blog, and it means so much to me.
Find the original post here: (https://wholenewthing.wordpress.com/2015/02/05/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award/)
So this is what you need to do if nominated:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate seven blogs.
Here is the questions I was asked:
1. What are your favorite lines of poetry?
Robert Burns (1794)
“As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry.”
Robert Burns (1794): A Red, Red Rose http://www.robertburns.org/works/444.shtml
William Shakespeare (1594)
“Two of the fairest stars in all the heaven,
Having some business, do entreat her eyes
To twinkle in their spheres till they return.
What if her eyes were there, they in her head?
The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars,
As daylight doth a lamp; her eyes in heaven
Would through the airy region stream so bright
That birds would sing and think it were not night.”
William Shakespeare (1594): Romeo and Juliet http://www.nosweatshakespeare.com/romeo-juliet-play/romeo-juliet-original-text-act-2-scene-2/
2. If you had to choose a past decade to live in, which would it be?
I would have to say late 16th Century. I just love the clothing, and the History from that time.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
The misuse of their, there, they’re.
4. What is one of your most interesting dreams?
After researching my ancestry, I came to a stand still on one branch. I couldn’t find burial information. Then recently I had a dream about my Second Great Grandmother Mary Wright. She gave me the location, and I was jolted from my sleep. When I investigated her name in the database with the area from my dream, it came up, and I found her burial site.
5. Why do you write?
Writing is my way of saying the things I may not ever be courageous enough to say otherwise. It also helps me empty out all of the emotions I hold in. I am very emotional 🙂
6. What is one thing that you are very passionate about?
My ancestry research. I am working on a project right now about the Irish, and Scots that were slaves. I plan on making a documentary on the research I do, once I complete my degree. I plan on spending time in the West Indies with the Scottish people who are still there since the early Colonial times.
7. Do you prefer rainy days or sunny days?
While I do enjoy the sun; I take rainy days over it. I usually go out in the rain too, no umbrellas either, that’s cheating.
8. Describe your favorite image or memory.
My favorite memory is laying next to my Mother while she slept, and watching her. I loved to sneak up next to her, and just think how much I wanted to be like her. I would breath in when she did, and exhale at the same time because I wanted to be in sync with her. It was my way of connecting with her somehow.
9. What thing in nature fascinates you the most?
Trees, I love trees. I draw them, always bare though. I am always in a park under a tree or on a rock. I love the way they move in the wind, and I admire that they stay in one place all the time.
10. And finally…cats or dogs?
Cats! I have always been an animal lover but as a child; every stray got fed by me.
Here are the questions for those I nominate:
- What is your favorite book, and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- When did you start writing?
- What is your greatest dream?
- What drives you?
- Do you believe in romance?
- Do you prefer Mustard or Ketchup?
- What is the earliest memory you have?
- What is your favorite movie?
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?